Current Corporate Sponsors
Interested Travel Coaches,
Anyone who has not coached previously through PWYSA and is interested in coaching a travel team is encouraged to contact the Travel Director to share their background to ensure full consideration.
Each candidate will be evaluated by the Travel Director and PWYSA Board with final decisions being made based on commitment to coaching, experience and knowledge of the game, as well as coaching philosophy. Candidates will be required to submit to a background check and may be asked to complete additional coaching certification and/or clinics.
The Travel director and coaches selection committee will have the responsibility of selecting coaches giving preference to past experience coaching with PWYSA, knowledge of the game, coaches survey results, coaching philosophy and style and active participation in coaching clinics.
Coaches will be placed after teams have been determined.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
US Olympic team members and coach Mike Candrea bring experience and insight as they focus on the fundamentals of softball and offer helpful hints on hitting, pitching and fielding.
All About Pitching:
COACHES CODE OF ETHICS
As a Coach, I promise to:
1. Be responsible for my own behavior and also the behavior of my team members, their parents, and fans.
2. Never physically, verbally or mentally harm a child in my care.
3. Lead by example and encourage my team members to play by the league rules and respect the rights of other players, coaches, fans and officials.
4. Provide a sports environment for my team that is free of drugs, tobacco, alcohol, and abusive language and refrain from their use at all sporting events.
5. Make every effort to improve my knowledge of coaching techniques so that I can teach the sport properly to my players.
6. Obtain, read and abide by the rules and guidelines for the league.
7. Place the emotional and physical well being of my players ahead of a personal desire or external pressure to win.
8. Ensure that my players are supervised by myself or another designated adult and never allow my players to be left unattended or unsupervised at a game or practice.
9. Never knowingly permit an injured player to play or return to the game without proper medical approval.
10. Ensure that all equipment used by my players is safe and conforms to the rules of the game. I shall not allow illegal or unsafe equipment to be used.
11. Respect the game and league officials and communicate with them in an appropriate manner.
12. Be knowledgeable of the league rules and regulations, and teach these rules to all players on my team.
13. Begin and end practice on time
14. Ensure all players have an opportunity to improve their skills
15. Ensure all players have an opportunity to play in the games
16. Create a playing environment that is well organized, professional, and FUN!
All travel and rec. coaches must complete a background screening check before the season begins. Thank you.